Skidmore-Wilhelm Bolt Testing
Model MZ - New Aluminum Heavy Duty - Lightweight Unit!
This bolt testing unit is replacing our Model MS And it’s only 21 lbs! Designed to test bolts from 1/2” to 1-1/4” English bolts and equivalent metric sizes. This unit will test up to 126,000 lbs. Please reference the minimum bolt length chart to determine which plates and bushings you will need.
- New Lightweight Design 21LBS!! (vs 46lbs for MS)
- 126,000 lb Capacity
- Will do 1-1/4” A490 bolts!
- New bushing design eliminates dowel pins
- Holes predrilled for torque Reaction kits
- Skidmore Accuracy
- Skidmore Reliability
Capacity: 126,000 lbs. of Bolt Tension
For accurate measurement of bolt tension in short structural fasteners, two developments in construction practice have created a demand for the Model MZ bolt tension calibrator: thinner sections of structural steel and the use of tension-control bolts. Designed to accept shorter grip length bolts, the Model MZ provides all the features and capabilities of our standard Model M and MS calibrators.
Whether calibrating power wrenches or testing fasteners, you need no special training, no additional equipment. Simply clamp the calibrator to a beam or column and insert your fastener. Tightening it gives a direct dial pressure reading equivalent to the tension created in the fastener—guaranteed accurate within 1% every time.
For Economical Quality Assurance
With a Skidmore-Wilhelm Model MZ, you can accurately simulate joint conditions, then transfer your tightening procedure to the joint itself. Result: consistent tightening to bolt tension specifications.
The Research Council on Structural Connections recommends that a tension measuring device such as the Model MZ be available at every job site.* Obsolete torque checking methods will not let you meet approved bolt tension specifications.
The Model MZ Bolt Tension Calibrator Allows You to Verify:
• Fasteners meet minimum bolt tension specifications.
• Impact wrenches are properly calibrated.
• Tension-control fasteners sheer off at the correct tension.
• Bolting crew understands how to achieve proper tension in all types of fasteners
• Have the right installation tools and equipment.
Avoid Costly Rework and Re-inspection.
How do you give the best evidence of properly installed fasteners? First demonstrate with the calibrator that your tightening procedures produce proper bolt tension. Then consistently apply these procedures to the job itself.
Skidmore-Wilhelm Bolt Tension Calibrators let you build the inspection into your selected bolt tightening procedure. Proof of correct bolt tightening is right on the Model MZ calibrator dial.
* Research Council on Structural Connections, “Specification for Structural Joints Using ASTM or A490 Bolts.”
* Research Council on Structural Connections, “Specification for Structural Joints Using ASTM A325 or A490 Bolts.